From hibernation to new growth
with Lee Fogel, Somatic Movement Therapist/Educator & Arts Educator
& Kenni Field, Ceramic Artist & Educator
Mondays, January 9- May 22
*No class Jan 16, Feb 20, Apr 3, May 29
“We improvise a lot, and that is very fun.” ‑Henry, age 9
In Weaving Wilderness, we will blend together the worlds of nature and crafting! Children that register for this class will partake in expeditions to local parks to learn about native plants, insects and animals through the changing seasons. Back in the classroom, we will construct functional and fantastical creations, exploring themes such as hibernation, germination, and new growth. Empower your child to learn and create with the natural world around them, sign up today!
Meet your Teachers!
Kenni is a ceramicist, an avid explorer, and childcare worker. They care deeply about community well-being, and utilizing creative expression as a tool for collective healing. They are a former cofounder of the 2.0 Art Collective, and have fa or BIPOC femme and GNC folks throughout Philadelphia. They are committed to principles of anti-racism, anti-authoritarianism, anti-ableism and trauma-informed care within their community work.
Lee has been teaching arts and somatic practices to people of all ages for nearly 20 years. She holds an MA in Dance and Somatic Wellbeing, a BA in Visual Arts and Dance, and is currently working towards her Franklin Method Teacher certification. Her work with children has taken her into hospitals, schools, community centers and more, using healing and creative arts to promote wellbeing, conflict resolution, and academic learning. She is so thrilled to be offering her home now as a nurturing and creative space for kids.
- Small Group Classes (10 kids max) with individualized attention to students’ needs and interests
- Highly skilled instructors with backgrounds in Somatics, the Arts and Education, trained in our Salamander Arts Pedagogy highlighting Embodiment/Mindfulness, Creativity & Community
- A cozy environment for kids to rest, connect, and create
- Fun activities that support emotional, physical, mental, and social wellbeing & development
- Collaborative projects that foster community across age and background
- Leadership opportunities for kids of all ages and abilities
- Support for developmental and behavioral goals
- Weekly Emails with Photos & Updates
- Step-by-step instructions for Arts Based & Embodied Mindfulness Activities you can do at home
- A final show and gathering to celebrate your young artists
- School Pickup from Lea & Penn Alexander
- Healthy Snacks
- Homework Assistance during snack & sketchbook time
- COVID safe practices
Weaving Wilderness is now FULL — Contact email@example.com to join our waitlist